IF YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC, HAVE A POSITIVE ATTITUDE, A FEW BASIC SKILLS AND ARE WILLING TO LEARN THEN I HAVE THE $15 P/HR, FUN, FULFILLING, JOB JUST FOR YOU!
Dear Prospective Employee,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It's my hope that you have precisely what I need in an employee so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the rewarding job I have available. Hopefully you've arrived at this site because you saw my ad looking for ADMINISTRATIVE/MARKETING ASSISTANT.
So let me tell you about me, my business and the position.
My name is Dale Ringin and I own Peak Fitness Challenge/Geelong Boot Camps For Women.
My business is dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals through a fun, safe and positive environment. The focus of my business is group fitness, boot camps and weight loss coaching. I operate the majority of my sessions from Montpellier Primary School gym, Mt Pleasant Road, Highton. If hired, you'll need to come the office located inside the gym, that I share with the teaching staff, on Monday and Thursday afternoons (times and days may vary) for 5-10 hours for a one month initial trial period.
Tasks You'll Expected To Perform
- FILING: Basic stuff to keep up with the paper flow
- CLIENT DATABASE MANAGEMENT: To ensure all client needs, details, recognitions and information is being kept up to date
- WEBSITE/FACEBOOK MANAGEMENT: Ideally you'll have some technology skills so you can do basic updates to my sites and pages (if not, I'll teach you how).
- ONLINE & OFFLINE MARKETING: I use multiple methods and systems to generate new leads in my business and encourage referrals so even if you don't have a marketing background, if you're teachable, organised and able to follow a plan then you can build your skills in this area.
- DATA ENTRY: Basic entry of information related to the business.
- PROCEDURES MANAGEMENT: I'm always looking to improve and sytemise the way we do things so I need you to be structured and organised so that we can record, upgrade and adapt the systems already in place.
- RETURNING PHONE CALLS & EMAILS FROM CLIENT & PROSPECTS: I get quite a few phone calls and emails every day. You will need to respond to each of these with basic information I'll provide to you. So you need to be comfortable talking on the phone and have an attention for detail when typing.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Microsoft programs: you must be very comfortable using Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Publisher
- Good Phone Personality/Etiquette: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me, and prospective clients, who are also important. You must be comfortable conversing on the phone, in person, and through e-mail. You must know how to conduct yourself professionally, take clear messages and deliver clear instructions to the prospect or client. I’ll teach you everything you need to say and do, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- Email: A great deal of your work will be via email. I use a web-based program that’s easy to learn (you’ll understand it within 30 minutes). You need to be very comfortable and proficient with email.
- Thoughtfulness and Organization: I need you to be able to think for yourself and be organized. I am very serious about this one. I do not want a robot, but you need to be able to organise yourself, work to timelines and have attention to detail.
- A Growth Mindset: I want someone who learns and grows with me, you must be prepared to invest in yourself to be the best you can be in this position and in life.
- A Current Working With Children Check: because of where my office is situated and the hours required, this is mandatory.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don't have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
Interest in improving your own health and wellbeing
Interest in personal development
How to Apply:
Here's what I want from you.
NOTE - failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume not being considered for this position, consider it your first test!
- Write me a covering letter via email explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- Attach at least three referees (personal and professional) with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the referee (e.g. previous employer) with your resume.
- Email as an attachment your RESUME to email@example.com with ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTENT POSITION in the subject box.
- I will review your resume and if I feel you're a good prospect for the position then I'll call you with some questions. But the sooner I get your resume, the better, we like to take action and want to get the position filled quickly!
Again, thanks for your interest.
P.S. This is not a corporate type of structured job. I am an entrepreneurial small business owner. I move quickly to capitalize on opportunities. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work, contributing to the growth of the business and being part of a dynamic team. If that's you, I promise that $15/hour is only the starting point. I recognize and reward performance!
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, solution orientated person and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So send me your resume today!